On September 6th at 4:15AM, my family lost someone so dear, that there will forever be a void in our hearts. My Grandpa went to be with the Lord after a long a difficult battle with cancer. If you knew him, you were blessed just as I have been. I will love and miss him forever! Below is what I wrote and read at his Celebration of Life...I think he would have been proud.
Sometimes someone touches your life so deeply that it changes forever from that moment on. My Grandpa was that person. Anyone who has ever met him knows this, even the poor guy who wished he never pulled over and got his window smashed on the freeway. I can't lie...I always loved how tough he was. No one could ever mess with me. He may have been tough on the outside but his heart was soft. He was not only saved, but he saved others. He was my Harley-biker teddy bear. His love for his wife was pure, for his kids strong and his grandchildren deep. Over my 27 years there are so many beautiful memories I have only heard about and ones I have made myself. As I write this, I am flooded with images of my Grandpa; camping, playing barbies, the hugs and kisses and the way he always said " I love you darlin" like only a true cowboy would. This is a man who loved his friends like family and his family like friends.
On September 6th at 4:15AM, my Grandpa was taken away. We could cry a million tears, and probably have and will, but I can tell you that he is in heaven. My son told me. He looked at his Gpa and smiled, he raised his little hand and he said "bye bye" as the angels took him. The angels took him to Mariah who was waiting for him at the gates of heaven. I could stand and talk to you all day about how amazing my Grandpa was, but you already know. So until the day comes when we see him again, let's all tip our cowboy hats, put on our boots and raise our shot of Jack to one awesome man raising heck up in heaven. We love you Grandpa!
No comments:
Post a Comment