Monday, September 12, 2011

Not Sure What's Happening...

So I have no idea what is going on with my pictures from the last few weeks, but blogger will not allow me to upload them. I am so sad because you can not see how insanely adorable my children are!! Ahhhh....it is still crazy to say children, or my kids or the BOYS!!! I have BOYS!! Plural! Life is sure getting interesting. A special note right now in case you would like to stop reading, this post will not contain pictures. So for those of you still willing to hang in there, here is a little recap of our life these past few weeks...
On Saturday August 20th, Austin and I picked up my family from the airport. I was so excited that baby Asher decided to stay cooking until they got here!! We went shopping on Sunday and my family enjoyed their one on one time with Austin. It would be more than safe to say that Austin enjoyed his time with them being spoiled rotten!!
Fast forward now to Wednesday, August 24th. Baby Asher has not yet made his appearance, and it is not looking promising that he will be coming any time soon. At this point, I am almost 40 weeks, my parents are here, I am DONE being pregnant and SO READY to meet my little man! I had a Dr.'s appointment that day and I was 3cm dilated and 50% effaced. The Dr. and I decided that it was okay for me to schedule an induction. YAY! Now I know when I am meeting my precious bundle of joy....TOMORROW!!!
We had to be at the hospital at 5:30am Thursday morning. Hello! That is soooo early....I was thinking 9:30...no? ok.
So by 7am they started my pitosin. David, my mom and my aunt where all at the hospital with me and my dad stayed home with Austin. The hours passed and not much change was taking place. I was getting very frustrated. Finally, my contractions became VERY intense and I received my epidural. Oh glorious drugs, where have you been?? Apparently, the first anaesthesiologist was a big liar and told the next one that he had already gone in to check on me...uh, NO!! Anyway, I was more comfortable, but feeling a lot of pressure! By 3PM I was ready to push! YAY! One push into it I was getting a little queasy. A few dry heaves later and there he was. My perfect baby boy was finally here. I could not believe I was finally seeing him and feeling him breathe. He was amazing. It was love at first sight!!
David stayed with me in the hospital for the next two days while my family got to play with Austin. Oh Austin. He was smitten with his baby brother from the moment he saw him. He wanted to hold him and kiss him and give him a million hugs. I am pretty sure he thinks Asher is his baby. So sweet. It just melts my heart to see my boys together. My heart has doubled in size with the love I have for these two boys! I am the luckiest mom in the world. Remember that I am saying this when I am ready to sell one of them on Ebay and I am pulling my hair out!!! We all need reminders!
We enjoyed the next week with my family as the doted on their two grand babies! Oh the love that is happening in my house! I just want to wrap it up in a bow and hold this feeling with me forever! To say that David and I are proud parents is a serious understatement, and to say that my family is in love is even more of one!
September 4th came WAY too soon and Austin and I were back at the airport. It was the first time we took my family to the airport that he really understood what was going on. There was not a dry eye in that lobby! Austin kept yelling for them and crying. It broke my heart and added more tears to my already soaked face. I hate that they have to go. It is always bittersweet.
Now we are adjusting to life as a family of four and I will be posting pictures from this last week now. That's right folks, I am still that crazy mommy with the camera making sure I don't miss a moments of these sweet boys lives, and neither will you!!

No comments: