Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Round Round Get Around

Sunday our church hosted a skate night at the local skating rink. Skatehaven has apparently been around forever. David had a birthday party there when he was a kid. I used to go to a local skating rink in California all the time. As soon as we went in, David couldn't believe how everything looked the same from when he was a kid! We were super excited to take Austin skating for the first time. I wasn't sure if he would be too young. He likes to do everything well, and I was nervous that he would get frustrated. He was just as excited as us though.
 The skates seriously looked twenty years old. Daddy helped Austin get his skates on.
 My boy and I are ready to go!
 The first few laps around were very slow and shaky. He stayed close to the wall for awhile. Once he started  holding my hand, he was getting the hang of it. We were so proud of him!
 Austin was all smiles. Even when he fell down, he got right back up and kept going. He told me "I am doing awesome!" Haha. I love this boy.
 He was determined to get it and he did!
 This boy is amazing! He surprises me all the time!




I love watching this boy grow and discover new things. Now if only I could learn to freeze time!

No comments: