Saturday, September 14, 2013

Let's Go Pick Some Apples!

It's been a few years since we have been apple picking. I have been planning this trip for a month or two, and I was beyond grateful that the weather cooperated so nicely. When we arrived at the orchard, it was about 65 degrees! Perfect fall weather for a perfect fall activity!






 We started the day at the orchard with a tractor ride. What boys don't like tractors? I know mine were in heaven!



 This is our tour guide (and apple orchard owner) Harley. He was so sweet and informative!



 The tractor ride lasted about 45 minutes. We decided to grab a quick homemade apple snack before we headed out to pick apples. David and I had fried apple pies and we got the boys apple doughnuts with a warm glaze. They.were.AMAZING!!! Yum! We also of course had to wash it down with apple cider. Asher was not a fan of the cider and acted like I was the meanest Mommy ever for making him drink it! Haha.

 TIME FOR APPLE PICKING!!! They are not excited or anything!

 Asher loved picking all the apples off of the ground and putting them in his bucket! Every time he put another apple in the bucket, he would say "I like it." Totally made my day and I never wanted him to stop!
 Austin was a lot more professional about the whole thing and only picked the best of the best apples!



 Asher's "floor" apples
 So proud of his basket of apples!
 These were all gala apples. We decided we wanted some red delicious too, so we were on our way to the other side of the orchard! This particular orchard has 15 varieties of apples!!
 enjoying the ride!
 Asher "picking" more of his famous floor apples!




 Yummy!


 They each wanted to hold the bag of apples that they picked!

I am serious when I say that this adventure could not have gone better! The boys were both so excited and happy the whole time and truly enjoyed the day. I can not say the same for the rest of the evening. I guess you can't win them all! It was an early bedtime kind of night...I think for all of us!
Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments: