So, mid August we picked up my parents at the airport and headed straight for Hilton Head Island for a week. Well, almost a week. When we booked the trip months prior, I didn't realize that we were going the week before school started. I am still new to the big kid school thing and didn't know we started back in August! Ahhh! We ended up staying from Saturday til Thursday morning. Us girls came back Thursday morning to make it (just in time) to open house and the boys came back the next day. Needless to say, we packed a whole lot of fun into the time we were there! It was everything a vacation should be and more!
That said, lets go to the beach!!
Do you think this boy is happy to be in the sand or what?
My beautiful Mommy!
Another boy who is more than happy to be playing in the waves!
My Daddy aka Papi
Asher was finally getting brave!
look over there.....
It's a good thing Papi is so strong!
After the beach it was time to cool off in the pool! Grandma with her boys!
Daddy and Asher man
Popsicles!!
A trip to Sea Pines for dinner, but first we must stop at the playground!
Lighthouse...a tradition!
Playing with some kids.
Salty Dog for dinner, another tradition!
when you are on vacation, ice cream counts as dinner right?
Another pool day! Go Grandma Vickie!!
Asher riding in style on the Grandma express!
Jumping!
bikes!
silly boy
Charleston or bust! Hello aquarium...check out my little model on the sign!
C'mon Grandma Vickie, lets go see some fish!
hello Mr. Eel
A sea turtle! YAY!
crazy jellies
touch tank time.
shark tank
this kid, I love him so.
its real!!
How cute are we?
eagle!!
So, the day before, my parents went on a sunrise bike ride on the beach. I was too tired to go, but when they said they were going to go again, I knew I had to go. It ended up being just us girls and it was amazing!
I needed proof that I got up that early!
It's starting!!
As we were riding Aunt Vickie found a full horseshoe crab shell!!! It was the coolest since we JUST saw and touched one the day before at the aquarium!! She even rode back with it so the boys could see it!!
gorgeousness!
We also found a crab!
We decided to push on a little bit further, and we are so thankful that we did! We spotted an eagle! Never in my life have I seen an eagle on the beach!! An eagle is very significant for us girls because it represents my Grandpa (their Dad) that passed away five years ago. What a very special moment for the three of us to have together!
Another day at the beach and another satisfied customer!
Boogie board time! How cool does this kid look? Such a little surfer boy!
He even naturally carried his board like a surfer boy! He's such a natural!
Grandma Vickie is so cool!
Love these ladies more than they will ever know!
Asher finally wanted to go all the way in the water AND ride the boogie board! People, this is a serious milestone!!
Love this boy!
Asher is happy to be playing in the water with Daddy!
Happiness!
Could this have been a better trip? The only thing that could have made this better would be staying the whole time! Next year! I can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment