So like any normal person, I enjoy stalking perusing pinterest for some fun holiday activities for the boys. They love to keep busy, so when I came across Melanie's from Reasons to Skip the Housework's fun pot of gold number recognition, I knew it would be a great activity to keep Asher busy! She has a great free printable, but I decided to make my own out of black card stock and a gold sharpie!
I started by spray painting some magnetic numbers that I hunted down gold. I heart gold something fierce. Seriously, I wanted to spray paint everything after this. My husband had to talk me off the ledge.
Pretty!!
Then, I put the numbers into a bowl of split peas to hide them. I even put some gold coins in to make it a little more challenging and take a little longer.
He had so much fun searching for the number and telling me what it was. Once he recited the number, he had to find the match on the pot of gold.
He did such a great job and asked to play again and again! I would call that a win!
If you want to see where I got my inspiration, head on over to Melanie's pot of gold number recognition !here
No comments:
Post a Comment