The type A personality in me want to start this post where I left off back in June, but I am telling myself to just breathe and start with today. The new school year is like a new beginning and hopefully a new beginning to get myself in gear and take some time out to attempt to document our lives again in this little slice of cyber space that I have. So here goes nothing, cheers to new beginnings!
Today my first baby started first grade. Seriously? I feel like I say this all of the time, but where did my baby go? Geez! He looks at least eight in these pictures! He was so excited for his first day. He was up and dressed by 6:30! I of course decorated the table for them to have a fun back to school breakfast and made cinnamon rolls as a special treat. Then of course I had to snap a million pictures!
He is so much cooler than me! I really hope he doesn't figure it out anytime soon!
Little brother wanted his picture taken with his big bro. Asher was super excited that he found those blue socks in his drawer, he felt the need to tell me all about it! Ha! The little things. I wish I could get that excited about socks! Shoes yes, but not socks.
Proud Daddy with his biggest big boy.
Backpack on and he is ready to go.
We're here!
Playdoh while everyone is arriving.
We could not be happier with his teacher this year. We literally prayed hard to be in her class.
I can't wait to pick my first grader up in less than an hour now and hear all about his day. Last night we talked about being a good friend to everyone and to listen to God talking to his heart when things don't seem right, We talked about standing up for others and himself. To work hard and listen to his teacher,. This morning I had to let a piece of my heart walk into the familiar halls and pray that they treated him well. It was a good Summer, now watch out first grade, here he comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment