Monday, May 28, 2012

Strawberry Picking

This morning I took the boys to a local strawberry farm to pick some fresh strawberries! Austin LOVES strawberries and I wanted him to see where they come from, especially since when I told his we were going to pick strawberries, he said "we are going to the grocery store?" Nice! He also told me that we would need a cart! That boy is something!

 Austin was so proud to carry his bucket!

 He did so good at only picking out the bright red ones. It was tricky to find them too since it's the end of the season. I really didn't want to miss the opportunity to go pick our own so I just figured we would get what we could even it was just a handful!



 This sweet dog followed us everywhere!! She was so sweet! We found out later that he name is Dixie! Sounds like a good name for a dog in the South!





 Asher had fun too! He liked squishing the strawberries! He was just trying to make jam! Ha!


 Our berries!!





 It was so nice to get the boys out of the house this morning. It was the first of our many adventures this summer!

No comments: