April 30th was the hubby and I's ten year wedding anniversary. I can not believe that I have been married ten years to my best friend. I love him more every single day. He is an amazing husband and a wonderful Daddy to our boys. We can still talk non stop and love being around each other all the time (which is a good thing since he works from home). As hard as it was to move away from my family over a decade ago, marrying him was the best decision that I ever made! I love you to the moon and back baby! Happy ten years!
We started our day of fun with lunch out just the two of us. It was so nice to just chat and laugh without being interrupted by little people!
After lunch we came home and relaxed for a few before getting ready and heading out for a night out! My awesome hubby planned the entire thing!
We started with wine tasting in Greensboro at the Tasting Room. It was so quaint and intimate. Perfect for the love birds! Ha!
After wine tasting we headed to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House. We both have been dying to go, so what better time than a ten year anniversary? The hubby told them we were celebrating so they decorated our table. I am such a sap so seeing it made me all teary eyed. I thought it was such a sweet and thoughtful touch.
We had the most amazing dinner that ever there was. The steak was like tasting a piece of heaven! Yes please. I will be back every weekend. After dinner they presented us with dessert. I thought it was so sweet that they wrote on my plate, so I had to snap a picture. As I started to dig in, my husband told me to stop before I ate the ring that was sitting on top! What??? Oh yes! My sneaky husband had them present me with my anniversary gift on top of my dessert! Can you see it there next to the green leaf (which I removed by the way without noticing the ring)! I of course started to cry because I'm a sap remember? I was so surprised. He done good!
Happy couple.
He also got me my favorite flowers and a very sweet card. The husband gets an A+++ for his anniversary skills!
a close up of the ring. Thank you baby! Happy Ten Years!
A funny fact...it POURED down rain on our wedding day. We were supposed to get married on the beach in South Carolina, but a huge storm was coming in. The decided to go to plan b and move it to the pool of the country club we were getting married at. As the harpist began to play, the heavens opened up and here came the rain. Plan C, we had to move the ceremony to the tent of the reception space where they couldn't mike the minister because of the storm. So, no one could hear our vows and everyone couldn't stop watching the chandeliers swinging above their heads. Good times. It hasn't rained ONCE on April 30th since that day back in 2005 until our ten year anniversary. I have never believed rain to be luckier because regardless of everything that went wrong, I married the love of my life that day and I couldn't be happier!
No comments:
Post a Comment