Monday, October 10, 2011

DATE NIGHT!!!

Saturday night David and I went out on our first real date since Asher was born. It was so nice to be able to talk to just him without someone needing to be fed or changed or without a toddler trying to get your attention! I almost forgot how easy it is to talk to my hubby! We decided to go all out and went to the Melting Pot. I have only been once before, but didn't get to enjoy it because I had to take David to the ER after a stitch popped in the roof of his mouth after gum surgery. It's a long story, but lets say we didn't get to enjoy the experience!
It only took us five years to come back! Haha. It was well worth the wait!!
It's a fondue restaurant as you can see from the sign and you pretty much get to cook your food! We got one of their couples special that had four courses. It started out with a cheese course. They gave you chips, bread, apples and veggies to dip in the cheese. Sooooo GOOD! After the cheese course they brought us salads...nothing to fondue there, don't worry. Then they brought out the meat!! We had fillet, sirloin, chicken, pork and even corn salsa stuffed ravioli. They tell you how long to cook everything for and you cook it in your choice of broth. Oh. My. Goodness. It was so much fun to actually take our time and eat and cook together. Hello steamy picture..YUP, my hubby is just that HOT! He steams up the camera lens...
Oh wait, more steam...must be the super hot fondue pot! Husbands never tell you when your hair is jacked up. They just take pictures. Girlfriends never let you down!
After the plethora of meats came the dessert course. When I was in elementary school, I remember my teacher teaching us that dessert had two s' because you wanted more than one! Ha. This SOOOO applied to our dessert. I have no idea why I didn't take a picture of the glory that was dessert, but I will leave you with this...pure chocolate fondue...strawberries, chocolate covered marshmellows, rice krispie treats, pound cake, cheesecake and oh yes, brownies! HELLO Jesus, I must be in heaven! I love food! It's a good thing I started running again because this girl likes to eat!! No salad for this girl...why? because I can't fondue it!

No comments: