Monday, October 10, 2011

Dixie Classic Fair

After the pumpkin patch we all headed to the Dixie Classic Fair! I love the fair. David and I have gone almost every year since I moved here eight years ago. I love it! This year, however, had to be my favorite year of all. Austin is finally at the age where he can ride the rides and play the games and eat all the really bad (but yummy) fair food with us!
Austin has been asking to ride a horse for the last few months. Except for a riding lesson, I haven't been able to find horse rides for his age. I knew the fair was coming up and they did pony rides so I kept telling him he could ride a horse at the fair.
Well, the very first thing we did when we got there was RIDE A HORSE! Austin was so excited. I know you can't really tell from this picture, but he had the biggest smile on his face the ENTIRE time. He kept saying "Ye haw!" I love it. His horse was named Barney and he LOVED him. When the ride was over he was so sad. He didn't want to get off. Grandma....Austin wants a horse! haha.
After the pony rides it was time to get serious....no not like this....it was time for some artery clogging, heart stopping, fat accumulating FAIR FOOD!! David and I had deep fried cheese, Erin and Andy had a bloomin onion and Austin had two hot dogs and some french fries!
Once we gained an extra five pounds each it was time for some rides!! The men folk took the kids on the super slide.
Then it was time for the carousel. I was going to come up with something funny and creative to compare them to the pony rides, but I have two kids and I am just too tired right now.
and of course the kiddos had to check out the school bus. They look way to grown up!
Time to feed the goats at the petting zoo. They had a bag of carrots that we bought for a dollar. Austin ran out of his carrots by the third goat. He is so generous. He just kept feeding and feeding the same goat! That goat saw a sucker coming a mile away!
Once we ran out of carrots it was time to put the "petting" part of the zoo to work...
Asher being cute...like always!
Austin's first carni game! He LOVED it! He wanted so badly to win a prize and he so badly wanted the inflatable sword that he saw kids walking around with.
Lucky for him he is a professional carni game player! haha. He got his sword! How cute is that face!!?
Erin and I decided that it was OUR turn to ride a ride. How cute are we??
We decided on the GIANT swings...
Oh yes...that is us way up there. It was so much fun! We were a little nervous, but it was awesome!
We had so much fun with our bestest friends! We LOVE going to the fair with the Blakleys!
Until next year....

No comments: