Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Austin!!

I just want to start by saying that there is no way that my baby boy is 3!! Unfortunately, it's true. On Wednesday the 4th, Austin turned the big 3! He was so excited about his birthday. In the days leading up to it, whenever you asked him how old he was, he would say "I'm 2, but I'm almost 3." It was so cute. When I went up to his room to wake him up, I sang him "Happy Birthday" and then asked him how old he was. He got a big smile on his face and said 2! I told him now he was 3 and he got so excited!
I got him ready for preschool and we went and picked up doughnuts for him to celebrate with his class. When I picked him up from school it was all he could talk about.
David, Asher, Gigi and I took Austin to Chick-fil-a to eat and play! We took him to a new one that had this fun car for him to play in.
Oh the birthday cuteness
Gigi and David
Asher wanted to know where his chicken nuggets were.
After lunch we brought Austin back home to nap. As soon as he woke up, David and I took Austin to build-a-bear to make his first stuffed animal.
He carefully looked through all of the bins and chose a puppy dog. They even gave him a birthday sticker to wear with his name on it saying he was 3 today! He was very proud!
After he picked the puppy he wanted, we picked out a sound. He chose the bark.
Now it was time to get to work. Austin was so excited to help. You know the boy LOVES a job! First he got to help stuff the puppy dog..
hugging it to make sure the stuffing is just right..
time to choose a very special heart..
Rub the tummy....
a kiss for lots of love...
the ear to make him a good listener...
the head to make his smart...
the muscles to make him strong...
now time to put it in and sew him up!
Bath time!!
Having so much fun!
ta da!!
I am so loving this boy!! We had so much fun! Austin decided to name his puppy Dog! I like a boy who gets straight to the point! We took him out to dinner and then home for some homemade birthday cookies!!
Stay tuned...the festivities continue at Chuck-E-Cheese on Saturday!!

No comments: