Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jack and the Beanstalk

On Friday, David and I took the boys to the discount night at the Winston-Salem Children's Museum. We took Austin when he was little, but he was too little to remember so we were excited to take him again.
This giant beanstalk is in the center of the museum and takes you to the second floor. Austin was a little nervous about climbing it, but he really wanted to do it. David took Asher up the elevator, and I walked up the staircase next to the beanstalk so Austin wouldn't be alone (I would have climbed with him, but I couldn't fit.)
He was so proud of himself when he made it to the top! My boy is growing up! There was so much to see he didn't know what to do first! He was pulling himself in every direction! He finally decided on the horse!
Then he took Daddy for a ride in the boat. There is a picture of Austin and David in this very same boat from the last time we were there!
So many places we go, Asher always stays in his stroller. He was awake the whole time we were there so I decided to take him out and carry him around and let him play! Here he is rocking with Daddy!
Mommy and Asher in the giant log.
sweet brothers!!
Asher was laughing at this raccoon. He cracks me up!
This was Austin's absolute favorite thing at the museum! It was this giant set of air tubes with a few openings. You place a scarf in one side, and it shoots out another. You could also switch the directions that it traveled. We played with this so long that I thought we just might camp out here!
My little shopper. He is a professional. He always helps me at the grocery store. He hands everything he can get his hands on to the clerk! So cute! The tongue out proves that he is concentrating!!
What other doughnut driver do you know does tricks in his seat while driving down the road?
Who wants fish when you can have duck?
My sweet little teddy bear
This was another big hit! He loved learning how to do the parachute. I love watching his little mind work. He learns so quickly. You only have to show him something once and he has it. He impresses me more and more every day. I am so proud of my boys!
Can you not just eat this up???
Best Friday night. It's amazing when you become parents how a fun Friday night changes from dinner and a movie (although awesome too when we can get away) to a night with our boys at the museum. I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

No comments: