Saturday, March 29, 2014

Race Day

Race day is upon us. It was so strange having to wait until evening to run a race. I really like to run in the morning. I get nervous on race day, so having to think about it all day gave me a little anxiety. Austin was so excited about his first race. I couldn't wait to watch him run.
 He couldn't wait for me to pin his bib on. Sooo cute!
 Getting closer..
 All of the kids received medals for running their race. He was so proud of it!
 My race was hot and slow. My calves were killing me from walking up the lighthouse stairs the day before. The race was actually in the neighborhood of my in laws so they were able to watch from the front porch! It was really awesome to have my boys cheering for me as I ran by. This was the first time they have ever seen me race. Asher started crying for me and it broke my heart. It did help me run faster so that I could get back to him and scoop him up.
This picture was taken by David right before I crossed the finish line!
 Done!

No comments: