Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Apple Picking

On Saturday, September 18th, I thought it would be fun to take my boys apple picking at the base of the mountains. We went to an orchard called Apple Hill in Morganton. When we arrived, it wasn't quiet what the website made it out to be, but we had a good time anyway. We rode through the orchard on a covered wagon pulled by a tractor which Austin thought was amazing. He really wanted to tide the tractor! Then we had the opportunity to pick our own apples! It would have been even more fun if it wasn't unseasonably HOT and if I was not allergic to bees!! Apparently, bees LOVE the apples that have fallen on the ground...good to know for the future! All in all we had a great day and enjoyed a new experience as a family! You know me, any chance I have to take some cute pictures! Sign me up! Also we brought some home for Carrie who made some DELICIOUS fried apple pies. Now that's my kind of apple!Yummy Apples to the orchard Helping Mommy pick the best apples I found one Sorting Apples Showing Daddy the way Getting ready for our tractor ride through the orchard Mommy pulling me in the wagon Enjoying the ride and the view

No comments: