Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory

Since David didn't have to work until tomorrow, we took advantage of him being free and we went to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory on Monday. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I have to say...it was AWESOME!!! Even Austin enjoyed it. He kept saying "beesball" every time he saw a bat...which at a bat factory, it's A LOT! haha. We got to tour the factory and watch them make the bats. We even saw them making some bats for a few MBA players. SO AWESOME! David and I even got to hold Mickey Mantle and Cal Ripken Jr.'s bats! Austin got to try out t-ball which he loved. It was hard to pry him away so other kids could have a turn! I know what we are getting this spring......grandma, get ready! haha.
waiting in the dugout
Austin LOVED this display. He got to push buttons and pull levers and swing a little bat. It showed the steps taken from tree to baseball bat.
little slugger
Austin had so much fun it was hard to pull him away! It is so fun to watch him learn and explore! They didn't allow cameras in the factory, but it was really amazing! We will definitely do it again when Austin gets older and baby 2 arrives!

No comments: