Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

Last night, our little family went to church for the Lent service. It was so beautiful! The preschool, primary and middle school kids led the songs that we sang and it was so much fun. I know God can hear me anywhere, but I just love the feelings I get after being at church. I thought long and hard yesterday about what I would be giving up for Lent. Since being pregnant I have felt like such a terrible Mom. I am sure we all feel that way at one time or another. My patience just seems to really be lacking and Austin is VERY much embracing the 2's! That is not always the best combination! I try so hard to keep my cool when he is not listening and pulling poor Gracie's tail, but after so many "Austin please stop" I just lose it! So for Lent, I am giving up yelling. This may sound crazy. Who doesn't love a good yell now and then right? ha. I know that I might not make it, but I thought if I could just be aware of it, I can choose other ways to channel my frustrations. What do you think? Don't get me wrong, Austin is not living in fear everyday and I don't yell often. However, not often is still too much for me! Wish me luck! What are you giving up for Lent?

No comments: