Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Fun

What a beautiful weekend. Since David had to train most of the weekend, it was mostly Austin and I. I feel like we so often do the same things so I tried to mix things up a little bit. I saw this activity on another blog and thought that Austin might enjoy it. I filled one bowl with cold water and ice and sat it next to an empty bowl. I gave Austin a slotted spoon and showed him how to scoop the ice from one bowl and put it in the empty bowl. I was so surprised that he LOVED it. He concentrated so hard on scooping the ice. He always sticks his little tongue out when he is concentrating and it is SO cute! Look at that tongue! He kept saying "Mommy again" He played with it for over half an hour! Hello new activity! After the ice scooping we moved on to his puzzles. We worked on each puzzle. He likes me to verify everything he says so it's work for both of us! Ha. When we finished the last puzzles he looked at me and said "more puzzle please." Mommy agrees. We need more puzzles!
Holding up the white fish puzzle piece telling me "white fish"
With all the work we were doing it was time for a yummy snack! Yummy grapes.
Chipmunk cheeks
Last night Austin and I watched Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Austin had never seen it so I was super excited for him to watch it since we will be going to Disneyland in a couple weeks. He decided that this was the best seat in the house so I asked him to give me a cheese face.....and this is what I got! LOVE IT!!
Daddy was home during the day today so we had lunch on the back deck since it was so beautiful!
Yay....as Austin says "Daddy Home...No Daddy Work!"
Loving the sunshine!
Cute little piggies
Austin got a sand and water table from my Grandma for his birthday and it was finally nice enough to get it out of the box and play with it!
I made shamrock sugar cookies and let Austin decorate his. He had LOTS of fun with the sprinkles!
The results
Enjoying his cookie
Sweet cookie hands
I just LOVE weekends like this. I love the sunshine! I can't wait till spring is finally hear and EVERY weekend can be like this!

No comments: