Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hello Beach!

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we drove down to Hilton Head, SC for our little family vacation. It was nice to all be together just the four of us. Our first day was all travel, but we had a busy week planned. On Sunday, we took the boys to Sea Pines for a nature walk.
We go on this nature walk every year. David and I have been doing it since before we were married! It is so much fun to be able to now share it with our boys!
 It was so beautiful and the weather was PERFECT!
 Austin had a blast being the leader!


 My boys

 so beautiful
 Asher loved following his brother.
 Is this Spanish moss breathtaking or what? LOVE the South!
 Ok, so like I said, David and I have been walking this nature trail since before we were married and every year we have searched for alligators that people claimed to see just minutes before we hit the trail. Never have we seen one, until now! Not only one, but TWO!! Two sunbathing alligators. We were so excited! I am pretty sure Austin thought his parents had gone insane! haha!

 brothers holding hands...be still my heart.


 After our nature walk, we headed to the playground at Sea Pines so the boys could work up a good appetite for lunch.

 Then it was a yummy lunch at the famous Salty Dog Cafe. It was seriously to die for!

 Once our bellies were full we decided to burn some calories and headed to the light house.
 I was carrying an extra 20 pounds! The cutest 20 pounds I must say!
 Our faithful leader!

 Daddy with his big boy!

 Made it to the top!


 On our way back to the condo from Sea Pines we made a quick stop at the beach. You can't go to the beach without going to the beach!
 The boys were in heaven. Austin has never really cared too much for the beach in the past, but this time he didn't want to leave! YAY!! Our future beach plans are looking much better!
 Asher loved it immediatly! He's his Mommy's boy for sure!
 I looked down and saw all of our shadows together and thought it looked like a pretty cool picture!



Oh happy Day! Any day at the beach is a happy day for this girl!

No comments: