Monday, December 26, 2011

Did you know Santa played the banjo?

So I know what you are thinking, who goes to see Santa the day before Christmas? The answer is easy...EVERYONE!! For some reason, the whole thing slipped my mind and we ended up at the mall Christmas Eve in line with all the other people in Winston to see Santa. We got there just after 11:30 and the line was already crazy! Luckily we were prepared. We brought snacks, movies and toys for Asher. We found out that Santa was leaving for lunch at one and would be gone for an hour. We were hoping that we would get in before then since it was still an hour and a half away, but they told us that it would be more realistic we were going to see him after.
Sure enough, five minutes till one, it seemed hopeful since there was only one family before us. Unfortunately, the cut it off there and we had to wait. I went to the food court and grabbed us some lunch. David ate in line with Asher and Austin and I went and ate at the table for a change of scenery.
Finally 2 came and Santa returned...playing the banjo! I thought that was AWESOME!! Austin loved it. He played Jingle Bells and Austin sang along. While we were in line, Austin was dying to push this button. As soon as Santa finished playing the banjo, they let us into the main line and Austin finally got to push the button! A quick photo before the big moment with Santa!! and here it is!! The 2 1/2 hours was worth it for this sweet picture with Santa. He was the sweetest Santa EVER! He spent so much time with the boys and Austin LOVED him!
I can't believe we are one day away from Christmas! I am so excited and a little sad that this holiday season is at an end! Stay tuned for the tornado that is Austin on Christmas morning...

No comments: