Saturday evening it was finally time to start our Easter traditions. We boiled eggs that afternoon so they would be ready to color after dinner. The grocery store was having a sale so I would pretty much be paying the same price for a dozen eggs, or two and a half dozen (30) so I went with the 30. Austin LOVES coloring eggs so I wanted him to have as much fun as possible!
He could hardly stand waiting until I got my camera ready before he grabbed the eggs!
This was the first year he knew what the white crayon was for. He kept saying he was writing my name or David's name and he would say "ABC, there you go, I wrote your name!" Too cute!
We let Asher check out the eggs too. He was more interested in whatever he could grab and reach on the table...and that he did. While David was holding him for a picture, he grabbed and dumped the orange color all over David! We only ended up with two orange eggs.
happy boys
Asher back in his seat where he can't reach anything but toys!
He had to make sure there was an egg in each color!
our eggs. They were kind of ugly, but Austin had fun and that's what matters. The pink didn't come out very well, so they really just look white in this picture!
That night before bed, Austin left carrots (that he bit into) for the Easter Bunny. What a thoughtful boy!
I can't wait till next year when I have two boys elbow deep in egg color! Maybe we should do it the day before so we don't have blue and green fingers for the Easter Sunday church service! haha! God knew we were having fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment