Last Saturday, despite the little bit of drizzle, David and I took the boys to Birkdale Village for lunch and play. We were hungry when we got there so we decided to go ahead and eat. David and I always used to eat at Brixx Pizza since it was the only time we could get it. Since then, they have built a Brixx in Winston, so we decided to try somewhere new! We chose Bad Daddy's Burger Bar and it was yummy! I packed a million snacks for the boys because I knew that was all they would want anyway.
The IPad is a must for dining entertainment. Asher does NOT do well at restaurants and this was no exception! We just decided that if we were going to have a challenging experience, we would rather it be outside of Winston!
After lunch we got the boys changed into their swim trunks and headed to the splash pad. The boys had a blast running in and out of the water, despite my efforts to get them to stop running. Even a fall on the cement didn't stop Asher from running and making me sick to my stomach with the ideas of chipped teeth andf broken bones!
Warning, picture overload of my adorable boys playing in the water!
As we were getting the boys changed back into their clothes, we heard sirens and THREE firetrucks came through! Apparently there was a small fire in one of the shops right across from us! The boys were in HEAVEN!! (Everyone was safe and ok and the firefighters took care of everything in minutes!)
We walked around and did a little shopping (by we I mean me.) Before we headed out we stopped at Ben & Jerry's for ice cream and cookies!
Austin loved his M&M cookie of course.
David got a super dark chocolate shake and it.was.good!
I got chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream my favorite.)
Asher realized it was his favorite too and ate half my ice cream!!
I love how these boys love each other! Austin is helping Asher get a drink of his water. Such sweetness.
I love these boys! Even if they will not sit still to appease their Mommy and take a picture at the fountain!
No comments:
Post a Comment