Friday, July 5, 2013

Old Salem

I LOVE old Salem! LOVE IT!! I love the history that is preserved in our sweet tiny town. I love the simplicity of the "old" days. In Old Salem, they dress in period pieces and have reenactments of times way back when. I went to school at Salem, an all girls college tucked into this sweet little piece of history. Every time I came to school, I had a smile on my face walking through the cobblestone walks of Salem. I love sharing these places with my boys.
Today, we had lunch with some family friends who flew into town from Australia at Salem Tavern. It.was.so.good. After lunch, David, Austin and I walked around and took in the beauty!
 I love this boy like crazy!! He was so good all through lunch!!
 Love these old buildings!

 Austin was begging me to take a picture with my camera. I gave it to him and this is the picture he took! So proud of him!

 He did so good that I had him take a picture of the two of us!
 the water pump.
 Austin had fun and asked me if he could get wet!




 He got a huge kick out of the fact that this was the old fire house!


 I am pretty sure that we need to do this horse drawn carriage tour.














What a beautiful day!!

No comments: