Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Swim Lessons

Since floating around Gma's pool last summer, Austin has talked about how well he can "swim." I didn't want to take any chances with Austin's overconfidence this summer, so we decided to put him in swim lessons at the Y. He had his first lesson last night with Ms. Emma who has the patience of a saint! Haha. 
 There are only four kids in his little class, so he enjoys getting a lot of attention. Shocker right?
 Kicking his feet.

 Learning how to safely get into the pool

 He was a little scared about everything. I had to keep reassuring him that she was not going to let go of him.
 Trying the kicking out on the kick board.


 He seriously clung to her!
 Practicing circle arms

 Time for jumping. He was not a big fan. I think he will get more confident as the lessons go on.

 I am so proud of my boy and amazed at how quickly he is growing up. The joys of Summer!

No comments: