Saturday, July 9, 2011

Birkdale

Today we decided to venture out. I know what you are thinking and yes I am supposed to be on bed rest, but I JUST CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE. My rear end is getting flat from laying in bed all day and I really miss the outside world! I decided I was going to take my chances and we headed out to Lake Norman to have some fun at Birkdale Village.
We got there at lunch time so we went straight to get a bite to eat. We ALWAYS eat at Brixx Pizza when we are there so we decided to venture out a bit. We ended up having lunch at a place called JD's salads and subs. It was pretty yummy. Austin enjoyed my chips and David's meatball sub! Once he ate everyone else's food he decided to eat some of his grilled cheese sandwich.
Silly cheese face!
After lunch we walked around the shops and decided it was time for ice cream. We went to Cold Stone and got Austin some strawberry ice cream. David and I had milkshakes. It was the perfect treat on such a hot day.
Another great treat on a hot day? Playing in the outdoor splash fountains of course! We brought Austin's swim trunks so he could play in the water. Austin has never been to anything like this before (he actually came to this when he was a baby he just doesn't remember.)
He had a BLAST!
Wanting Mommy to come into the water with him.
He had so much fun running in and out of the water. It was so much fun to see him experience something new. There is nothing more I love than being this boy's Mommy! How can you not look at that face and just smile? Ahhh. Sorry, I just love this boy!!
Having fun
What a fun day with my family. It was so much fun getting out. Even though we were only 45 minutes away, it really felt like we got away and had an adventure. In case you are wondering, yes I did have somewhat of a hard time and I was in pain when we got home. It was worth it though. My little man fell asleep on the car ride home. I know that means he had a good day!

No comments: