Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blueberry Brothers

This morning the boys and I went to a local blueberry farm to pick some yummy fresh blueberries. We practically got first pick since it just opened to the public yesterday! I am trying to find fun things for us to do while Austin is out of school for the summer and this was on our bucket list! It was fun and HOT! This week is supposed to reach 90 degrees about everyday! We tried to go early, but it can be so hard getting us all ready and out of the house!
Austin and I have been blueberry picking before, but this was our first time going to this blueberry farm. It was great and I would definitely go back! It is family owned and they were so sweet! They just wanted the boys to have a good time.
 It was pretty big and there were lots of ripe blueberries to pick!
 Austin had fun picking out all the big blue ones and putting them in his bucket. He kept telling me "This bucket is getting heavy Mommy, you are going to have to carry it for me!"

 Asher had fun hanging around...I am also pretty sure he pulled off a leaf from one of the bushes and tried to eat it! Yum! Who needs blueberries when you have blueberry bush leaves?


 Here he is saying cheese while holding a blueberry
 Asher was super excited to no longer be attached to me and get his hands in our bucket!
 eating a berry

 searching for more loot!


 This is probably right before he grabbed the leaf and ate it!



 Blueberry Brothers
 Here are our yummy blueberries that we picked and yes they are yummy. As soon as I got home I washed them up and we had some for lunch! I even made Asher some! I ate so many that we might have to go back next week for more!

No comments: