Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Festival of Lights

I don't even know where to begin! The Thursday before Christmas, we went over and had dinner with Viola and Carrie (Gigi's house.) We have been putting off going to the festival of lights at Tanglewood (which we do EVERY year) and decided that tonight was the night! When we left dinner, we went over and got hot chocolate from Starbucks (also a tradition) and headed to the park. For those who have never experienced the festival of lights, it is a drive through light display at the park. We got our hot chocolates (Austin had milk) and headed to the park. HELLO LINE! This was the line of cars (just from one direction) waiting to get into the festival of lights. We should have known going this close to Christmas that it would be crazy, and we have done this one time before, but never with a toddler. How bad could it be...current time 7:42 PM We have moved about a mile and we have sang every song we know of to entertain Austin who is not complaining a bit! Current time....
I think I was losing my patience WAY more than Austin. I was tired of sitting and starting to get sleepy....
Finally...the entrance to the park...we are almost at the gate to pay..
Current time 9:47PM...and we have almost made it to the gate to pay to enter
It's in sight...
We finally made it in. Not sure if it was worth it. The light were beautiful and we listened to Christmas music. Austin kept saying "pretty lights" which DID make it special.
When he saw Santa he said "ho ho ho"...which kind of sounds like "ha ha ha" but it's still cute!
This was so sweet...Austin said "baby Jesus" That's my boy!
We have reached the end of our journey...current time...
NEVER AGAIN!!!!
And by never again, I mean never again will I go this close to Christmas...hey a tradition is a tradition right!?

No comments: