Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Birthday Celebration and Dinner with Gigi

My apologies for the delay in posting. Sometimes I find it easier to post our whole weekend as opposed to making individual posts. I was not very good at snapping pictures on Friday during the day, but here is one super cute one of Austin painting a picture. He LOVES to paint! He is not much on coloring, but he does love to paint!On Friday evening, we went over to Austin's Gigis house for dinner like we do every week. For those of you who don't know, Viola and Carrie have been in David's life since he was just a few months old. His dad used to be a builder and actually built their house! Vernon would bring David to the construction site and Viola and Carrie would watch him every day! They watched him until he was old enough to watch himself, and he still went over there every week. Once David went to college, he visited them every time he came home. They are sisters who never married and have no children. David was like a grandson to them. Once I moved to North Carolina, I decided that we should go there every week to visit with them and David agreed. Now seven years later we are doing just that and we have added yet another person to the dinner table...Austin. They are SO smitten with him. You would think that the world revolved around Austin. He is so spoiled!! I love them so much! I can honestly say that I don't know where we would be in life without them! Austin playing with Gigi 2 (Viola) This looks like trouble to me! He LOVES wearing that backpack!
Austin and Gigi picking out toys in the new Toys R Us catalog Sunday night we celebrated UD's (papa's) birthday at Firebirds. They have the BEST mac & cheese!! Mmmm. It was such a great time with the family! We always have such great conversation and fellowship with them. I am so blessed to have them in my life! Happy Birthday! You are a wonderful father, step father, in law, and papa. You deserve nothing but the best!
Nana and Papa Mommy and Daddy
ketchup anyone? Uncle Matt was there too! We sang Happy Birthday..by the way, those brownies were AMAZING!!!
Austin and Papa Nana joined in! Austin showing Papa how to drive Just me Getting ready for bath time!

No comments: