Monday, November 8, 2010

Our Weekend

We had quite an exciting weekend. It was SUPER cold all weekend so we spent Saturday morning inside. After lunch and nap, we headed to the Wake Forest vs Boston College game. It was our last game of the season that we had tickets for, so we were VERY excited! We were all bundled up and made it just after kick off! It was COLD!! Austin was staying warm by climbing up on his seat and then sliding back down. It never got old! We left the game a little early (now Popsicles) and headed to dinner at Olive Garden. I was so bummed out that I forgot my camera (I know huh?) and so I took some pictures with my phone. I don't have a super cool iPhone, so they are not that great, but hey...its pictures! When we got there it was going to be a 45 minute wait! We knew Austin couldn't wait that long, so we snagged a table at the bar! David hates sitting here because people are vultures! They watch you while you eat and wait for you to finish so they can get your table! I agree with him, it IS uncomfortable. But hey, it's better than waiting 45 minutes with a squirmy 22 month old!Daddy and Austin at Olive Garden After Olive Garden, we decided to head to the mall for a cookie and hang out and let Austin play in the play area. This seemed like a good idea at the time. After we got our cookies we headed downstairs to the children's mini playground. It was packed and to top it off, most of the kids were WAY to big to be in there!! We tried it for a minute, but the big kids were running around and they almost knocked over Austin twice! He is so gentle that he would have just let them! The parents didn't seem to care either!! Geesh! So we decided to take him to the cars right on the other side of the playground. He LOVED it even more!
Hot rod!!! Just like my Gpa That night when we got home, it was time for bed. I put Austin's jammies on him and took him upstairs with his milk. I forgot blue blankie so I told him to wait in his chair and I would be right back. When I cam back up this is how I found him with the biggest smile on his face! It was so precious....I had to take a picture...
then have Daddy take a picture!
Sunday, we got up extra early because of the time change. It just felt strange sleeping in the extra hour and Austin was NOT having it! We got up and had breakfast then headed off to church. After church we took Austin to get his hair cut. The person who did it last time butchered it, so the guy who cut it this time blended it in! It looks SO much better. We came home and had lunch, then put Austin down for his nap. After nap time, we went to the park and fed the ducks. They sure liked that bread!
It was SO cute watching Austin throw the bread to the ducks! He has a pretty good arm! All of his bread went into the super shallow water. David and I joked that as soon as one of the ducks found it, they would have a feast!! Sure enough as we were walking away, one of the ducks found all that mushy bread! YUMMY! We came home and Austin and Daddy grilled us some dinner!! What a good team on the grill. Austin LOVES to help! He is going to be such a good cook!
Well, that was our weekend. It sure didn't seem as busy until I had to type it all out! We have lots of adventures next week! Austin and I will be on our own for 3 days while David goes out of town for a meeting! To top it off, I am pretty sure I am coming down with Austin's cold. It should be interesting! God Bless!!

No comments: