Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One of those Park kind of Mornings

Yesterday was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day so I decided to take Austin to the park so we could get out of the house. We went to Tanglewood right around the corner from our house and played on the playground. We pretty much had the whole thing to ourselves! Austin has always LOVED playing in the tunnel and I have always loved taking his picture in it! He is so darn cute! He loves this dinosaur....for about 2 seconds at a time. I kept telling Austin that he has playground A.D.D. He loves to play on everything, but for only a minute and then he is off to the next thing. Every time he walked by this dinosaur he had to show me his teeth and then roar! What a cutie!! Next was time for the slide, I STILL can't believe that he does the slides all by himself! They are much bigger than the one we have at home!
Now, are you ready for my heart attack of the day? Austin REALLY wanted to climb this and I was SO nervous. Well, he did it. All by himself. TWICE! I couldn't believe it! He is growing up WAY to fast, someone please tell me how to make it stop!
Here is the one thing Austin is not quite ready to do on his own. The tunnel slide. I tried to get him to come down, but he wouldn't. So guess what, that's right, Mommy squeezed herself with Austin on her lap down the tunnel slide! Wee!
Before we left the park I told Austin we would go say hi to the ducks. We sat on the grass and watched them play in the water. It was actually very peaceful and sweet.
When we got home, I told Austin we were going to make some chocolate chip cookies for Daddy. He was interested in helping for a few minutes, but then he wanted to go play. He poured in most of the ingredients. What a good helper! Here are Mr. Austin's chocolate chip cookies! We are practicing to make sure we get them just right for Santa!

No comments: