Thursday morning, per tradition, we went over to Davids Mom's house for our Thanksgiving meal. We ate earlier than usual this year and let me tell you, it was GOOD! UD did the turkey in the crock pot this year. I have never heard of that, but it was so tender and yummy! Good job Papa! After we ate and cleared the table, it was the kids turn to decorate the Christmas tree. This is a tradition that we have done every year since David and I became engaged seven years ago! It is fun to talk about the different ornaments and what meanings they have behind them. Austin even has his own ornaments for the tree! Once the tree was decorated, we played UD's new birthday present Xbox kinect. It was so crazy! I played the dance game and let me tell you, I am so glad there is no pictures of that! After a few rounds of dancing, we decided it was getting late and Austin had not yet napped (we payed the price for that later) so we headed home. Sleepy eyed and full, we spent the rest of the evening together and turned in early to bed...all of us! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am so thankful for my wonderful family here in NC and in CA. I am thankful for my loving husband and amazing son, and I am thankful for my relationship with God, for without him, I am nothing!
Turkey anyone?
The traditional decorating of the tree
I thought this shirt was so cute. I found it at Kohl's in early October. It says: I am thankful for Mommy and Daddy
Yummy Turkey
Football

No comments:
Post a Comment